Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Young Author's Reception May 5, 2008

Young Authors
Every year our beloved Trish Youmans voluntarily guides us through helping our children write, illustrate, and publish their own book. It is a rather lengthy process. Most of us started (or were SUPPOSED to start) back in....what? October? November? By the end we are cracking the whip to get them done, LOL! It's all worth it, though, when you see the finished product and the pride and joy that beams from each child's face as they show off their books!
There were 80 books this year, I think? Something like that. That's a lot of creativity and writing!
Jaslyn's book was called "Jaslyn's Farm" and it was about a John Deere Green tractor...I know..she's such a redneck!

Rendis' book was called "The Horse and His Girl"

That's pretty self explanatory. Remmy's book was called "The Letter" and is quite interesting....and LONG! LOL You'll have to read it to find out what it's all about.
I think I chopped some of the authors out...just couldn't get them all in!
Then, of course, the funny face picture!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to read them! I bet if I had to I could squeeze them all into one sitting! = ) I'm so glad the kids could do that. I never new Trish Youmans headed it up.