Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Latest Deals

Okay, okay....I know I've been slacking and I'm sorry! I take the pics, but then I get behind on posting and hate to post it once the deals are over because then it's just bragging instead of sharing tips on what you can go do for yourself. :0)

I've been trying to keep our grocery budget under $40/week. So far, so good! (well, for 3 weeks anyway!) I know it sounds crazy, but I decided if Crystal over at moneysavingmom.com can do it, so can I! (Despite the face that she is feeding a toddler and a baby and I am feeding a ravenous teen, another ravenous pre-teen, and a 5 year old.) Well, what can it hurt to try? It's pretty much become necessity. So without further adieu, here are this weeks deals:

From Wal-Mart:
1 gal. FF Milk 3.32
1 gal. Whole Milk 3.82
2 bags Chex Mix price matched for $.99 each with Walgreen's ad, then had 2 $.50/1 coupons, so $.49 each
3lb Blue Bonnet Butter 2.32
4 Hiland Lowfat Lemon Yogurts (8oz) price matched Price-Cutters/Harps ad 2/$1, bought 4, total $2
6 Glade Scented Oil Candle Holders $2 each, had 6 $2/1 coupons, free!
2 boxes Honey Nut Cheerios price matched for 1.99 each from Walgreens ad, then had 2 $1/1 coupons, so $.99 each, total 1.98
2 boxes Cinnamon Toast Crunch price matched for 1.99 each from Walgreens ad, then had $1/2 coupon, so 1.49 each, total 2.98
2 Lindor Truffles $2.50 each, so $5 total
1/2 gal. Eggnog 3.42
As a Christmas gift from my dh's wonderful employer (yes, WM), we are receiving 10% off ALL GROCERIES from 11/17-January (not sure of the date), so we had an additional discount of 2.99
Walmart Total: 22.83


From Walgreens:
4 jars Skippy peanut butter on sale 2/3, had 4 $.40/1 coupons, total 4.40
2 Liter A&W Diet Root Beer $0.79
2 Liter A&W Root Beer $0.79
2 Liter Sunkist $0.79
2 Deerfield Farms grated cheese (I think I bought Mexican Blend) 8oz 2/$3
Blistex Medicated Lip Treatment $0.99
2 Degree deoderants on sale for 2.99, had $1/2, so 2.49 each, total 4.98 (not bad considering they are normally well over $3/each!)
Received $1 RR at checkout

Walgreens total: 14.74

This week's total: 37.57

Woohoo! Now that's exciting!

I need to add that some purchases were special treats, as well, because I knew I was going to come in under budget. We have been finding great bargains for the last couple weeks, so I'm fairly stocked up, and I cook mostly from scratch anyway. The truffles and eggnog were special treats for our family...some treasured favorites! :0) The soda was special, too, because we haven't been buying soda lately.

If you would like to see step-by-step directions on how you can get these same great bargains, head on over to www.moneysavingmom.com !

The next post is of a great deal I received a week ago...sorry it's late in posting!

This was from Sav-Mart and the Little Debbie Store:


Sav-Mart:
15lb. Potatoes $5
2 bags Boneless/skinless chicken breasts $5.50/3lb bag, total $11
Fresh Ground Beef 1.69 lb, total 4.82
4lb Golden Smoked Boneless Ham (Which I took to their meat dept. and had half of it shaved for lunch meat...yum!) 5.95
2 Owens Sausage 2.50, had $.35/1 coupon, but they double coupons, so it was $.70 off, total 4.30
They had a special deal, buy 1 1lb Owens Sausage, get 1 doz. eggs, 1 can biscuits, and 1 64oz Orange Juice Free....obviously I did the deal twice, LOL!
Total: 31.02

Little Debbie Store:
Day old bread $.89

Total for week: 31.91

(*I think I bought milk at Aldi's, but didn't get that in the pic because it was earlier that week. Also didn't add it into total....)

No comments: