Thursday, March 5, 2009

FINALE!!!

Well.............. Here we go! It's not completely finished, but the parts that aren't will either not be noticeable, or may take a while. While putting the room "back together" I decided I want a different end table, to paint the coffee table, and to either paint the entertainment center or get a different one (hubby built this one). I also decided that I'm going to take Mrs. Savage's advice and hang some fabric over those aged mirrors. I HATE those mirrors. Unfortunately, when we went to take them off the wall, we discovered they are GLUED to the sheet rock. We would have had to break the mirrors to get them off, and then possibly replace the sheet rock, or at least re-mud, tape, and sand it down. Ugh. So.... I left them. Regrettably.
Isn't he a sweetie? This is the most cleaning he's done in a LOOOOOOOOOONG TIME!!!
I don't know HOW many times we swept this floor today....more than I can count!

I just noticed that my lamp no longer matches. Hmph. Well, at least it wasn't expensive (read: yard sale find). :0)

This is the corner where my "happy" table is.

The pic below is a before picture, taken before ANY of this got started.
....and after!
Another before...........
......and after!
One last before......
.......tada!

I'm not really sure about the window mistreatments. My hubby REALLY likes them, though. I need something "westerny" to tie around them. Hmmmmm........
You can't see it very well, but I used upholstery tacks in the shape of stars that are "rustic" for the tops of the curtains.
My hubby said he is going to get the baseboard trim down this weekend.....I hope it happens!!! ;0)

Well.....I have a throbbing headache and am off to bed!
Thanks for peaking in on my little (H-U-G-E) journey. I have many more projects to attack, but they aren't nearly as big (or as daunting!).

Sincerely,

Jerri

3 comments:

Wendy said...

The Before and Afters are amazing!! WOW!!!
Heh-- I'm glad you liked my advice. I try not to give any unless it's requested. :-)
Your house is looking fantastic. I adore the colors, and the "simply cheerful" look, which is definitely what I am also going for.
That window frame with pictures is a real eye catcher; a great focal point for the whole wall. I love it!!
The work was worth it!!! Now take a hot bath and read a book. Time to relax after all the hard work. I mean it. :-)

Anonymous said...

My goodness! You've been very busy. That kind of thing is so very overwhelming to me....I can imagine what a mess it looked halfway through!

I'll bet all you want to do is curl up in your couch by your special corner. I love pretty little corners!

You did a great job!

Jerri Dalrymple said...

Aw, shucks. Thanks y'all!

For those of you who don't know, we started all of this 1 year ago. It's been a looooonnnnggg year. I'm really enjoying having my living room back!!! LOL