Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Grocery Game Part II


Made a last minute run to Walgreen's yesterday to snag some of their expiring deals.
Fruictise Shampoo and Conditioners 3/$10.00
I bought 6=$20.00
6 $1/1 coupons=$14.00
$10.00 cash rebate= $4.00
total cost for me: $4.00

Colgate Toothpaste: $2.99
I bought 2
$2.00 off each with in-ad coupon= $1.98
I had 2 $0.75 off each coupons (couldn't find the $1.00 off each coupons that I thought I had)
total cost for me: $0.48 for 2 tubes of toothpaste

Visine: $3.99 each
I bought 3 (DH uses them a lot)
Easy Saver Coupon Book had $2.00 off each=$1.99 each
I had 3 $1.00 off each coupons= $0.99 each
total cost for me: $2.97 for 3 bottles.

Total ending cost before coupons and rebates: $37.95
Total cost after coupons and rebates: $7.45

I'm proud of my savings, but a little disappointed because if I would have had the correct coupons my total would have been $2.97. This is still a great deal, though, and will keep us stocked up on shampoo/conditioner, toothpaste, and visine for a while. (I have 3 girls with long hair...we go through the shampoo/conditioner around here! LOL)

Since I was in town we went ahead and stopped back by WM because I had printed off some online coupons for Johnson's products. I got 4 more Johnson's Bath Buddies Soaps for free plus overage (including discount) of $0.48. They bought me a candy bar. :0)
Now...off to look over the ads for this week....although this is not my grocery week, so it has to be freebies or nearly freebies. Have fun and good luck with your deals this week! Feel free to post in the comments any good deals you come across and want to share with the rest of us!

No comments: